ChiChiRomeoAndMe_Button About_Us_Button Contact_Button Follow_Us_Button

Monday, October 20, 2014

Making New Friends

We had the pleasure of meeting Dilya - better known as Nyearthur on Instagram - and her little family. She recently posted a picture of Arthur infront of this alien-esque space egg thing in Düsseldorf (which is actually a pretty futuristic bar) and I needed to know where this was taken. She thought we were living abroad and was a bit surprised at first, but then asked if it was ok to tag along when we would visit this place. Of course it's ok! And here we are. Only a couple of days later. The magic of social media. I don't even know how they managed to find like-minded people back when there was no Instagram, or Facebook or whathaveyou...
And how cute is little Arthur??? My three sure loved him and they had a lot of fun together. They even walked on water together! Been a while since somebody did that, hasn't it? Of course they got soaking wet in the process, but even Romeo, who's always a bit prissy when it comes to being wet while wearing clothes, didn't mind at all. He saved the whining for the drive home, though. Charming.
It's so good to see how easy it is for kids to click. Not overthinking anything, just getting jiggy with it. Always a great experience. And I think it's safe to say that we'll see more of Mr Arthur in the near future!

Ashley is wearing: Top from Little Miss Galia, Leggings from River Island, Shoes from Crime London
Grace is wearing: Top from Petitbo, Pants from Agatha Cub, Shoes from Crime London
Romeo is wearing: Shirt from Agatha Cub, Harems from The Mini Classy, Shoes from Zara

6 comments:

  1. They soaked Zara shoes...oh my gosh :o Soaking shoes where I grew up in rural and urban Africa means death of you...i would be whipped by granny or aunt/uncle and they would make sure my father/mother never buy me shoes for at least a year. Yes I only owned one pair and would be left behind every rainy day. Shoes are a luxury have always been.

    But I understand, i travelled to Europe a dozen times and things arent the same. BTW your kids are always cute...Ashley is the boss...in that last picture and Romeo is such a prince in the water picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was so surprised that he actually jumped in the puddle...he really hates being wet when he's wearing clothes lol. Try getting him out of the house when it rains....

      No, things certainly aren't the same here as they are in Africa. I don't think both are comparable in the first place, because of all those major differences. For example while my kids might drown in shoes here, they'll never experience that kind of freedom they had in Nigeria. You know, actually running around without having to worry that some pedophile will snatch you, because everybody looks out for oneanother.
      All I know is that neither is superior to the other...they're just different. :)

      Delete
  2. Julie, you make kids playing in puddles of water look so chic! Your little ones always put a smile on my face. And Arthur is so cute! I love how easy it is for children to befriend each other. Looks like they had a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did have a blast! The weather was perfect, the company even more so. :D You're right, kids just know it better. There's this moment where everybody scans eachother and after that it's just fun and games. I love it and I wish I could be a little more like this myself. No akward moments of silence anymore...that'd be something haha

      Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful pics! Looks like the kids had so much fun!
    I really want to tell you how I love following your "picture path" and how impressed I am by your photography skills (if you took them :-)) they look phenomenal and if we were not that far apart I'd love to book you for a shooting together with the wild ones :-)

    big hugs to all of you :.-*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you the sweetest? :)
      Yes, I am the photographer. But I guess I'm just really lucky, because I don't really know what I'm doing. Still don't know how to take this stupid thing off of auto haha. The kids just make it super simple to take great photos!

      Hope to see you guys again sometime, though!

      Delete